A good oral health can not only increase your confidence and enhance your personality but it can also have excellent life-changing experiences like successful relationships, positive mindset, and improvement in your overall health. If often happens, that we neglect ourdental hygiene and suffer from mouth sores, bad breath, toothaches, ulcers and several other things. For a marvellous healthy smile, it just takes few minutes to squeeze the paste and follow the protocol of brushing your teeth. Read few tips to know how you can maintain a good oral hygiene:
- It is advisable to brush your teeth twice a day and floss atleast once a day as advised by your dentist.Aggressive and overzealous brushing should be avoided as it can be harmful for your teeth. Therefore, ask your dentist to explain and illustrate the correct way of doing it. More importantly, try to brush your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste atleast once in a day because it strengthens the tooth enamel and prevents decay. In case you are using mouth wash, avoid using it directly after brushing your teeth as it can rinse away the fluoride from your toothpaste.
- Excessive clenching and grinding teeth can cause severe damage. However, there are ways to control and prevent the damage to teeth that supports bone and jaw joint.
- Refrain from consuming starchy foods as well carbonated drinks that stick to the teeth as it can cause tooth decay. Instead try chewing sugar-free gum after eating or drinking sugary foods to protect your gums.
- After finishing your dinner, avoid immediate brushing of your teeth as enamel will be softened and there are chances that you can wash away tiny particles.
- To check if you have bad breath lick your wrist, let it dry and give it a sniff, if it smells your breath probably your mouth does too.
- Change your toothbrush every two to three months or sooner if it becomes worn as it will not clean the teeth properly.
- Try to consume a piece of cheese after a great meal as it reduces the effect of acids from foods that can damage your teeth
Poor oral hygiene is a cause of social embarrassment due to oral malodor. Teeth troubles can cause immense pain, discomfort, risky infections that can spread to surrounding areas of the face and neck. Inflammation in the oral cavity caused by the two most common disease conditions of the body i.e. tooth decay and gum disease are known to influence the health of the rest of the body including but not exclusive to cardiac, gynecologic, and respiratory and joint health.